This morning I woke up wanting something different than toast and eggs but wasn’t sure how to not end up with a huge batch of pancakes and I’m the only one home!
So I looked up a bunch of french toast recipes and realized I could definitely figure out a way to make a personal batch of french toast.
This is the perfect recipe because it has 2 servings of grains and 2 servings of protein so it was filling and a good amount of food for breakfast!
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk (or regular)
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- banana slices
- Slice up the bread into cubes
- Spread the bread into a pan to cover the bottom (make sure the pan is small enough)
- Mix the egg, vanilla, and milk in a bowl
- Pour egg mixture over bread
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and put banana slices on top
- Cook for 35 minutes at 350 degress