I woke up this morning and was the only one awake and I got to enjoy the sun room and some quite time with Jesus for about 2 hours before the house woke up. Slowly my mom and sister started walking around and getting ready for the day and before my friend came over to read Psalms I decided I wanted to make homemade granola for breakfast. It was an incredible slow and sweet morning.
I decided to make my own granola because,
Store bought granola wrecks me….
For some reason I have never felt completely at ease with buying granola…there are always a whole bunch of ingredients added into it that just aren’t really necessary and 15 grams of sugar in 1/4 cup of granola is crazy. No body needs that I’m sorry but breakfast is the first meal you eat and it shouldn’t be made up of mostly sugar. I was able to come up with a crazy simple recipe after looking through some basic whole oat granola recipes. And yes, Kate is a genius and this recipe was inspired by her. I saw how simple her recipe was and ran with it.
Here is my rendition of the recipe,
Easy and clean Granola
- 4 cups of whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- 1/4 cup of dried fruit
- Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Place wax paper on a cookie sheet
- Mix oats with all other ingredients in a large bowl
- Taste….because trust me you want to
- Spread mix onto pan (covered in wax paper)
- Bake for 27 Minutes (or until brown and slightly crunchy)
- Let granola cool for at least 10 minutes after baking