My friend Aiden and I needed to make some type of breakfast food for a bible study and we decided on muffins. We started searching and came across this recipe for vegan carrot muffins. We aren’t vegans though so we took this recipe as our base and then tweaked it. It’s a great recipe and Anne has a great blog and you should check it out (especially if you are a vegan :)).
Set oven to 350 degrees
- 1 & 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C chopped walnuts/ or pecans
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. all spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 egg
- Mix together, flour, sugar, cinnamon, nuts, spice, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, egg, and Vanilla.
- Pour mixed wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and mix throughly.
- Fill muffin tins with mix and set in the oven for 25 minutes
*These muffins are a little crumbly! If you wanted they would be a great mix in with yogurt ( like how you normally mix in granola).